Flynn Victorian Tea
Indulge your inner Victorian with an elegant tea service in the historic Flynn Mansion at Living History Farms. Wear your hat and gloves and share tea traditions with Living History Farms’ interpreters wearing 1870s Victorian period dress.
Guests will enjoy tea sandwiches, scones, traditional cakes and sweets, all served with hot tea. Pour a cup and chat with friends at the tea table. Then explore the interiors of this elegant Italianate home built in 1870 by one of Des Moines’ first families. Well-mannered children are most welcome.
Need to Know
- Availability for Winter Teas: 11am and 3pm on Saturday, December 11, 2021 and Sunday, December 12, 2021
- Availability for Spring Teas: 11am and 3pm on Saturday, April 9, 2022, and 3pm on Sunday, April 10, 2022
- This program is offered for tables of 4-5 guests up to a capacity of 18 guests per program. Parties smaller than 4 are welcome and will be seated with other guest parties to fill the tables.
- Tickets are $40/person and $30/person for members. Members tickets go on sale August 5 and non-member tickets are available starting August 12. Not a member yet? Purchase or renew your membership
- Please review our full Historic Dinner Program Policies before purchasing tickets
Menu will vary by season.
Various tea sandwiches:
- Chicken Salad
- Ham and Cherry Preserves
- Lemon Bread
Cakes and Confections:
- Fruit Cake
- Chocolate Brownie Cake
- Chocolate Truffles
Interested in a different Historic Dinner program? Back to Historic Dinners overview