CURRENT HOURS: CLOSED FOR GENERAL SEASON; OPEN MAY 1, 2018

1870

Martin Flynn, an Irish immigrant, made a small fortune in earth-moving work for railroad companies. Flynn purchased land in Walnut Township and the surrounding area, ending up with a 1500 acre farming operation.

In 1870, Flynn constructed a 15 room mansion on the land, along with a large barn for grain, hay, and cattle. Martin and his wife Ellen raised 10 children at their Walnut Hill Farm.