Day Camp Scholarships
Living History Farms’ donors contribute to a scholarship fund that provides partial scholarships for youth who need financial assistance in order to participate in Living History Farms’ day camp program.
Instructions for Parents/Guardians – Please read these scholarship guidelines carefully. Please note that all information is kept strictly confidential, is only shared with the members of the scholarship committee, and all financial information is shredded after the scholarship committee reaches its decision.
Step 1 – Fill out and submit Scholarship Application
Step 2 – Wait for emailed written acceptance notification from LHF
Step 3 – If awarded a scholarship, follow instructions on how to register for camp
- If you do not follow the application process steps, and later need to cancel a camp registration you made prior to the scholarship award, you will be held to the camp cancellation policy of a 50% refund on the registration amount if it is made in writing 10 business days before the camp.
- Applications are for summer camp only. The committee will begin awarding scholarships on March 1.
- Applications to receive scholarships are reviewed and eligible awards given in the order in which the applications were received. The number and amounts of scholarships awarded are dependent on the availability of funds. Employees of Living History Farms are not eligible to apply for scholarships.
- Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision in writing by Living History Farms via mail or email. Scholarships are non-transferable.
- An application must be completed for each child interested in attending camp on scholarship. Applications for siblings will each be considered individually.
- Please complete all sections of this form, and attach all required documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Scholarships for camp are awarded on the basis of financial need. Need is determined using guidelines set by the federal government. Extenuating circumstances may be taken into consideration such as illness, loss of job, foster care, death of wage earner, etc.
- Scholarship awards are on a sliding scale based on the non-member day camp registration fee. Based on 2021 guidelines, a family of four making $39,750 would be eligible for a full scholarship. Families with higher incomes may be eligible for partial scholarships.
- Scholarship funds may be used to cover camp registration fees only, and may not be used to cover the cost of purchasing a t-shirt or other extras.
- Completed applications must be received a minimum of 15 business days before the camp week you are looking to register for.
- If a scholarship is awarded, we ask that you please send a thank you note that can be shared with scholarship donor(s).
- Please review our website for general camp guidelines.
Camp Scholarship Form 2021
Back to Day Camp information