- This event has passed.
Independence Day & Historic Baseball
Enjoy an old-fashioned Fourth with an iconic historic Independence Day celebration in the town of Walnut Hill. 1876 marks the first centennial of the United States, and Living History Farms’ Independence Day activities truly show what this day meant to those in the 19th century—a day of family fun and games! To fit everything in, be sure to arrive early to tour our historic farms, then enjoy these activities in the 1876 town of Walnut Hill:
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Games (stilts, water brigade, sack races, hoops and sticks), throughout town
- 12:30 p.m. Reading of the Declaration of Independence & Patriotic Exhibition, Church of the Land
- 1:30 p.m. Medicine Show, behind Flynn Mansion
- 3 p.m. Walnut Hill Bluestockings game, Baseball Field
- Ice cream making demonstrations, all day at Tangen Home
- Printing of Declaration of Independence, all day at Print Shop
All activities included with General Admission. Advance tickets recommended.