Take a ride in our Ford Model-T, meet one of our Percheron horses, and challenge your friends to some classic 19th century lawn games – all with a drink in your hand. Explore some of the historic sites in our 1875 Town and enjoy live music from the acoustic/alternative rock trio, Night Like This. We’ll have a cash bar available, food trucks from Ferinheit Wood Oven Pizza and the Outside Scoop, as well as samplings from some of Iowa’s favorite breweries and wineries. Dogs are welcome too!
Event Partners: Outside Scoop, Ferinheit Wood Oven Pizza, Firetrucker Brewing, Boone Valley Brewing, Confluence Brewing, Iowa Brewing Company, Country Barn Winery, and The Cellar at White Oak Winery
Special thanks to Iowa Machine Shed for providing the bar for History Happy Hour.
Get your tickets in advance online. Advanced tickets will be available online through July 19 at noon. Tickets will also be available at the door. While Living History Farms offers many family friendly events, this event is for adults ages 21+ only. Photo ID required for admittance to the event. Event will take place rain or shine.
LHF Members get in free! Members pre-register
Available May 21 (10am) – July 19 (noon).
Also available at the door on July 19.
Available for groups of 12 or more
Call (515)278-5286 ext 158 or email email@example.com
- Will there be samples available?
Wine and beer samples will be available from our event partners beginning at 5:30pm and they will be first come, first serve.
- Will there be drinks available for purchase?
Yes, the Machine Shed restaurant will have a cash bar available serving a couple of beer and wine options. Soda and bottled water will also be available for purchase, along with a signature History Happy Hour beverage. Drink tickets may be purchased with credit card at the MarketPlace Museum Store, otherwise cash only at the bar.
- Will there be food available for purchase?
Ferinheit Wood Oven Pizza will be there with a food truck, The Outside Scoop will bring their ice cream truck, snacks are available in our MarketPlace Museum Store in the Visitor Center, and the Machine Shed Restaurant is right next door to the museum for before you arrive or after you leave (no re-entry is allowed so plan accordingly).
- Can I visit the farms? Why are only certain buildings open?
For the safety of visitors, staff, and our historic buildings & artifacts, only certain buildings in our 1875 Town of Walnut Hill will be open for touring. During this event, the farm sites will be closed for touring and our tractor carts will not be running.
- Can I bring in my child to History Happy Hour?
While Living History Farms offers many family friendly events, this event is for adults ages 21+ only. Each visitor must present valid photo ID at the entrance.
- Is History Happy Hour a cash-only event?
The bar will be cash only. You may purchase drink tickets with a credit card at the Marketplace Museum Store. Admission tickets can be purchased with cash or a credit/debit card. Living History Farms does not have an ATM on the property.
- Can I bring my own chairs?
Yes, you are encouraged to bring your own chairs or blankets.
Other info to know:
- Disorderly conduct will result in your removal from the event. This includes trespassing into restricted areas, dumping of liquids in a non-designated area, or any violations of our Visitor Code of Conduct.
- Respect all fences and boundaries. They are there for your safety.
- No outside beverages of any kind are allowed on the museum property during this event.
- Bags subject to search upon staff request.
- No re-entry. If you leave the event for any reason, you will be unable to return.
- Last entry at 8:00 pm. Bars closes at 8:15 pm. Event concludes at 8:30 pm.
- Living History Farms is a smoke-free environment. No smoking, including e-cigarettes, is allowed on our grounds.
- No refunds. Not for resale.
For more information about History Happy Hour, please contact us at events@LHF.org!