Advanced registrations required.
Victorian Games for Fun and Amusement: or how to entertain your family when the power goes out! Is company coming? How do you entertain a room full of people without the benefit of video games or an iPad? Explore the 19th century games that kept adults and children laughing and amused on a rainy afternoon or after a holiday dinner. Guests will play “serious” games, movement games, and guessing games in the Victorian parlor, suitable for adults and children. They will also learn a Victorian card game, try out Victorian puzzles, and explore some early board games. Take home a booklet with game rules along with a Victorian game. You’ll enjoy a party snack and punch, and take home the recipe too.
- Saturday, November 11 from 1:00-4:00pm
- Flynn Mansion (Check in at Visitor Center)
- Number of Participants: Minimum 4 pairs, Maximum 6 pairs; teens must be between ages 12 and 17.
- Fee: $45.00/pair. A pair is defined as one adult and one teen (age 12-17).
Register for Victorian Family Parlor Games: Parents & Teens
- Member registration opens August 15 at 9am. Registration opens for the general public on August 22 at 9am. Registration closes at noon 1 week before the class date. If the minimum number of participants have not registered, the class will be cancelled.
- Members receive an exclusive early registration period, and a 15% discount on class fees. Purchase or renew your membership now!
- Contact us if you have questions about registration, content, or logistics of the classes at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at 515-278-5286 ext. 110.
- Please read the following program policies before registering for a class. Adult & Family Education Program Policies
See all of our Fall Adult & Family Education Programs