Advanced registrations required.
Explore the Victorian kitchen with your child, while instilling a love of cooking in your kids! Learn how to read a recipe, measure and mix ingredients, and roll out dough the old-fashioned way. This basic woodstove cooking class is designed to get kids and parents/grand-parents busy in the kitchen together! Prepare a kid-friendly chicken dish, macaroni and cheese, biscuits, and a sweet treat for dessert – all from scratch! Then sit down and enjoy your creations. Bring containers to take home any leftovers. All costs of materials are included in the cost of the class. And, yes, you will get recipes to take home and try! Bring aprons and a water bottle. Note: You will be eating around 6:30pm, so please plan accordingly.
- Tuesday, September 19 from 4:00-7:00pm
- Tangen Home (Check in at Visitor Center)
- Number of Participants: Minimum 3 pairs, Maximum 5 pairs; children must be between ages 7 and 11.
- Fee: $50.00/pair. A pair is defined as one adult and one child (age 7-11).
Register for Basic Woodstove Cooking with Kids
- Member registration opens August 15 at 9am. Registration opens for the general public on August 22 at 9am. Registration closes at noon 1 week before the class date. If the minimum number of participants have not registered, the class will be cancelled.
- Members receive an exclusive early registration period, and a 15% discount on class fees. Purchase or renew your membership now!
- Contact us if you have questions about registration, content, or logistics of the classes at email@example.com, or by telephone at 515-278-5286 ext. 110.
- Please read the following program policies before registering for a class. Adult & Family Education Program Policies
See all of our Fall Adult & Family Education Programs