Advanced registrations required.
This class will allow a parent/grandparent to work with a teen as they learn historic blacksmithing techniques in a historic setting. Everyone will get to make several small, hands-on projects, such as small dinner triangles, hooks, and so on, while learning about proper safety in a workshop environment. All costs of materials are included in the cost of the class. Dress for working in a shop with a dirt floor, and for the weather (shop is heated by a wood-burning stove only). Bring eye protection and a water bottle.
- Saturday, November 11 from 9:00am-Noon
- Blacksmith (Check in at Visitor Center)
- Number of Participants: Minimum 3 pairs, Maximum 4 pairs; teens must be between ages 12 and 17.
- Fee: $50.00/pair. A pair is defined as one adult and one teen (age 12-17).
Register for Basic Blacksmithing with Teens
- Member registration opens August 15 at 9am. Registration opens for the general public on August 22 at 9am. Registration closes at noon 1 week before the class date. If the minimum number of participants have not registered, the class will be cancelled.
- Members receive an exclusive early registration period, and a 15% discount on class fees. Purchase or renew your membership now!
- Contact us if you have questions about registration, content, or logistics of the classes at email@example.com, or by telephone at 515-278-5286 ext. 110.
- Please read the following program policies before registering for a class. Adult & Family Education Program Policies
See all of our Fall Adult & Family Education Programs