Special Activities begin at 10am.
Visit our 1875 town to celebrate all things apple! Try your hand at stirring the copper kettle of apple butter, take your turn cranking the cider press, and try some tasty apple fritters. Children’s games and crafts round out the fun. Fresh local apples and other goodies will be on sale in the Visitor Center.
Contributing Sponsor – Jester Insurance
Food & Beverage Vendors:
- Iowa Orchard, 9am-4pm – pies by the slice, fresh apples, and other goodies
- Machine Shed Restaurant, 11am-2:30pm – burgers, brats, hot dogs, pulled pork sandwiches, and more
- Black Silo Roasting Co. – Coffee
- The Outside Scoop, 10:30am-1:30pm – Ice Cream
Apple Activities in 1875 Walnut Hill Town:
These activities are 10am-3pm.
- Apple Bowling – Picnic Shelter
- Cooking Demonstrations – Picnic Shelter
- Free Samples!
- Apple Fritters – Snack Shop
- Apple Butter – Picnic Shelter
- Apple Cider – Picnic Shelter
- Bobbing for Apples – Behind Flynn Mansion
- Meet Snow White
More Hands-on Activities:
These hands-on activities are all day (10am-noon and 1-3pm) unless otherwise noted. (AM) denotes the activity is morning only, from 10am-noon, and (PM) denotes that the activity is afternoon only, from 1pm-3pm.
- 1700 Ioway Farm: Fur Explorations, Tipi Building (AM)
- 1850 Pioneer Farm: Carding Wool
- 1900 Farm: Making Applesauce, Egg Hunting (PM)
- Flynn Mansion: Napkin Folding
- Broom Shop: Sweeping and Broom making Demos
- Blacksmith: Blacksmithing Demos
- General Store: Apple Shopping List (AM), Scavenger Hunt (PM)
- Implement Dealer: Sheep-powered Treadmill
- Drug Store: Grind Spices with Mortar & Pestle
- Millinery: Exploring & Touching Fabric
- Print Shop: Sorting Engravings and Type
- Tangen Home: Beating Rugs (AM), Coloring Rosemaling Designs (PM)
Plan your visit