Advanced registrations required.
Hat makers in the 19th and 20th century created flowers, cockades and other trims in their shops for adorning fancy hats and clothing. Join LHF staff milliners for an evening of trims! Participants will have a chance to explore the millinery shop at LHF and then sit down to make several trim pieces out of ribbon, buttons, scrap fabric and beads to take home. Your finished trims can be used to make brooches or applied to clothing or hats at home. Students should have basic hand sewing skills and should bring a pair of sewing scissors and a thimble.
- Thursday, October 12 from 5:30-7:30pm
- Millinery (Check in at Visitor Center)
- Number of Participants: Minimum 4, Maximum 8; Ages 18 and up
- Fee: $50.00
Register for Victorian Hat Trims: The Basics
- Member registration opens August 15 at 9am. Registration opens for the general public on August 22 at 9am. Registration closes at noon 1 week before the class date. If the minimum number of participants have not registered, the class will be cancelled.
- Members receive an exclusive early registration period, and a 15% discount on class fees. Purchase or renew your membership now!
- Contact us if you have questions about registration, content, or logistics of the classes at email@example.com, or by telephone at 515-278-5286 ext. 110.
- Please read the following program policies before registering for a class. Adult & Family Education Program Policies
See all of our Fall Adult & Family Education Programs