Advanced registrations required.
Nothing smells better than fresh baked pies and pastries coming from the oven! Using recipes from the late 19th and early 20th centuries, make pies and pastries by hand, and bake them in the wood-fired oven at the 1875-era farmhouse at Living History Farms. As you work, learn how to adapt a historic recipe for use in today’s kitchens. At the end of class, sit down to enjoy the creations you made. Bring an apron and an appetite! And don’t forget to bring containers to take home your creation. All costs of materials are included in the cost of the class.
- Tuesday, September 26 from 5:00-7:30pm
- Tangen Home (Check in at Visitor Center)
- Number of Participants: Minimum 3, Maximum 5; Ages 18 and up
- Fee: $60.00
Register for Pies & Pastries
- Member registration opens August 15 at 9am. Registration opens for the general public on August 22 at 9am. Registration closes at noon 1 week before the class date. If the minimum number of participants have not registered, the class will be cancelled.
- Members receive an exclusive early registration period, and a 15% discount on class fees. Purchase or renew your membership now!
- Contact us if you have questions about registration, content, or logistics of the classes at email@example.com, or by telephone at 515-278-5286 ext. 110.
- Please read the following program policies before registering for a class. Adult & Family Education Program Policies
See all of our Fall Adult & Family Education Programs