Advanced registrations required.
Students will have the opportunity to make at least 2 of the following decorative projects for the home: candleholders, napkin rings, hooks, decorative metal paper towel holder, a letter opener, or suggest a project when you register. As a special treat, you can learn how to make leaves out of metal! It is helpful if you have already taken a blacksmithing basics course. Small class size guarantees lots of one-on-one instruction and lots of time at the forge! Dress for working in a shop with a dirt floor, and for the weather (shop is heated by a wood-burning stove only!). Bring eye protection and a water bottle. All costs of materials are included in the cost of the class.
- Saturday, November 11 from 1:00-4:30pm
- Blacksmith (Check in at Visitor Center)
- Number of Participants: Minimum 3, Maximum 5; Ages 18 and up
- Fee: $75.00
Register for Blacksmithing: Items for the Home
- Member registration opens August 15 at 9am. Registration opens for the general public on August 22 at 9am. Registration closes at noon 1 week before the class date. If the minimum number of participants have not registered, the class will be cancelled.
- Members receive an exclusive early registration period, and a 15% discount on class fees. Purchase or renew your membership now!
- Contact us if you have questions about registration, content, or logistics of the classes at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at 515-278-5286 ext. 110.
- Please read the following program policies before registering for a class. Adult & Family Education Program Policies
See all of our Fall Adult & Family Education Programs