Advanced registrations required.
Never been in a blacksmith shop? No problem! As you learn you will be making decorative items for use in your home. Explore the basic techniques and tools used to do blacksmithing. Topics will include safety, tools and equipment, and beginning techniques for working with metal around a forge. Small class size guarantees lots of one-on-one instruction and lots of time at the forge! Dress for working in a shop with a dirt floor, and for the weather (shop is heated by a wood-burning stove only!). Bring eye protection and a water bottle. All costs of materials are included in the cost of the class.
- Saturday, November 4 from 1:00-4:00pm
- Blacksmith (Check in at Visitor Center)
- Number of Participants: Minimum 3, Maximum 5; Ages 18 and up
- Fee: $60.00
Register for Blacksmithing: Females at the Forge
- Member registration opens August 15 at 9am. Registration opens for the general public on August 22 at 9am. Registration closes at noon 1 week before the class date. If the minimum number of participants have not registered, the class will be cancelled.
- Members receive an exclusive early registration period, and a 15% discount on class fees. Purchase or renew your membership now!
- Contact us if you have questions about registration, content, or logistics of the classes at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at 515-278-5286 ext. 110.
- Please read the following program policies before registering for a class. Adult & Family Education Program Policies
See all of our Fall Adult & Family Education Programs