Advanced registrations required.
Do you have a wood burning stove at home that you’d like to cook on, but have no prior knowledge of how to do it? Do you just want to try cooking like your great-grandparents? Roll up your sleeves and make beef stew, a vegetable side dish, bread, and a cake. Participants will learn the design of the woodstove and how to properly use it. After the meal is prepared, sit down to enjoy the food and ask last minute questions. Make sure to bring containers in which to take home leftover goodies! All costs of materials are included in the cost of the class. You will get recipes to take home and try. Bring an apron and a water bottle.
- Thursday, September 21 from 5:30-8:30pm
- Tangen Home (Check in at Visitor Center)
- Number of Participants: Minimum 3, Maximum 5; Ages 18 and up
- Fee: $60.00
Register for Basics of Cooking on a Wood-burning Stove
- Member registration opens August 15 at 9am. Registration opens for the general public on August 22 at 9am. Registration closes at noon 1 week before the class date. If the minimum number of participants have not registered, the class will be cancelled.
- Members receive an exclusive early registration period, and a 15% discount on class fees. Purchase or renew your membership now!
- Contact us if you have questions about registration, content, or logistics of the classes at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at 515-278-5286 ext. 110.
- Please read the following program policies before registering for a class. Adult & Family Education Program Policies
See all of our Fall Adult & Family Education Programs