Barnyard Readers Policies & Procedures 2022
- Children must be between ages 3 and 5 by the start of the program.
- An adult must register with the child. The adult must remain with their children at all times.
- Watch your email for confirmation of your registration. Please make sure you have received this. If you don’t, you may have mistyped your email address. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to correct the email address.
- About one week before the program, you will receive an email with more specific information about where and when to check in, how to dress, etc.
If you are interested in getting a discount for Barnyard Readers, please become a member before you register your child for camp. Only active memberships receive the membership discount. Lapsed members do not receive the member discount. The person purchasing the program must be a member, and the child attending the program must be listed on your Living History Farms membership regardless of the membership selected. To check the status of your membership, or to upgrade your membership, please contact email@example.com.
- Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If a program is full, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the waitlist.
- If a spot becomes available, we will contact the first name on the list for that session.
- If we are unable to reach that person within 24 hours, we will go to the second name, and so on. A deposit is not required to be placed on the waitlist.
- Living History Farms Barnyard Readers programs take place both indoors and outdoors, taking full advantage of nature and the museum’s outdoor historic areas. As a result, program activities may change as the weather dictates.
- The museum has severe weather procedures and shelters, and staff regularly review and practice these procedures. Should a storm arise, we quickly implement our weather procedures to keep everyone safe.
As the COVID-19 pandemic transitions to an endemic, we will monitor state and local guidelines and update protocols as necessary. We do not require proof of vaccination or masks to participate. If you or your child are sick and/or running a fever, please stay home.