Policies and Procedures for K-12 Tours and Programs
Reservations are handled on a strict first-come, first-served basis. Dates are subject to availability and they may fill up quickly. Living History Farms is committed to offering a premium experience, so therefore limits the number of students who visit on any given day to 750-800. You may make requests regarding what you would like to see and do, but there is no guarantee that these requests can always be honored.
Reservations made less than three weeks prior to the desired date of your visit are not eligible for the group discount.
You agree to review all materials provided by Living History Farms prior to your visit. These include the following:
Code of Conduct
- Living History Farms is a Character Counts! © organization. Please read the materials about how we will model the 6 Pillars of Character© and how we hope you will do the same.
- During your visit, you agree that your group, including adults, will abide by the Museum Code of Conduct.
- You understand that, as part of your visit to Living History Farms, you may come into contact with domesticated farm animals, such as chickens, pigs, horses, cattle, sheep, and so on.
- Furthermore, you understand that, as spelled out under Iowa law, a domesticated animal professional is not liable for damages suffered by, an injury to, or the death of a participant resulting from the inherent risks of domestic animal activity, pursuant to Iowa Code Chapter 673. You are assuming inherent risks of participating in this domesticated animal activity.
- Tours May – October: You may pay with a school check or purchase order, or with a major credit card. Please, no coins. Please have payment or PO ready when you reach the ticket area.
- Enrichment Programs offered from late-October to April: You will be billed after the program is complete. Please bring a Purchase Order with you on the day of your program.
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing via e-mail to email@example.com.
- Any cancellation made more than 21 business days prior to your scheduled tour is subject to a 35% cancellation fee.
- Any cancellations made less than 21 business days prior to your scheduled tour or program is subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
- Grace period: After submitting your reservation on-line, you may cancel within three (3) business days and the cancellation fee will not apply.
- When the National Weather Service has issued a “Severe Weather Warning” and prohibited travel, this fee will be waived.
- Tours May – October: Students will be kept in their homeroom arrangements while touring.
- Enrichment Programs late-October to April: These hands – on programs are designed for one class at a time.
- Tours May – October: 1 adult / 10 students is required and admitted free. The teacher DOES count as one of the free adults.
- Enrichment programs late-October to April: 3 adults / program are admitted free - the teacher plus two others.
- Always admitted free: Bus drivers and any 1-1 associates are always admitted free, regardless of program or tour.
- Limits on chaperones: Due to space considerations and program logistics, some programs have a limit on the number of adults that may come with the class.